Friday, February 1, 2008

Yikes! No sticks in a month

I just realized that I have not picked up my knitting needles in a month. Being that I have had pneumonia would account for no knitting. I am better now so out come the needles.

This is my first post on this new blog. A little about myself. I am half owner of The Yarn Grove, an internet based yarn shop with natural, organic and hand dyed yarns. We have lots of goodies. I also like to quilt and fool around with other crafts. I love to work with watercolor paints although I don't really see any talent there, just fun for me.

Having 11 grandchildren makes it easy for me to knit just about any size and it will fit someone. My grandchildren range in age from 19 down to 1 year. I have 3 daughters who have produced all these wonderful grandchildren. I also have 1 husband and 1 Jack Russell Terrier, Lucy.

Most blogs seem to be what goes on with a person's daily life. Making it interesting is another story in itself. How does one make an interesting blog? What makes a blog interesting for you? Do you like to see what someone is doing with their knitting? or maybe funny little stories that happen from day to day? This I don't know but am going to just blog what is in my heart and see what happens. If you don't have a blog it seems you are missing something, maybe just a URL to put in the spot designated blog on most sites you sign up for.

3 comments:

monica said...

LOL I love the foggy statement in the header of your blog. That happens to me also.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, pneumonia is no fun. I had it over the Thanksgiving and into the Christmas Holidays.

I look forward to seeing your knitting.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading blogs that either let me share that person's life as though we are sitting down over tea discussing what happened yesterday...or the ones that focus on issues I am interested in...knitting, simple living, frugality.

Just sign on...type away and we'll all enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new blog. I've put it in my favorite blogs list already. As for what makes a blog insteresting to read. I like ones iwth lots of pics of gorgeous yarn and knits.